Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT7-Africa.I found this on the net.
Make and share this African Peanut Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken broth (it may take more)
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Tabasco sauce, 8-10 drops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot (minced)
- Heat oil in a 3 quart pan. Saute onion, carrot and celery. Whisk in flour slowly then whisk in chicken broth stirring frequently. Heat to boiling. Add peanut butter and simmer 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken, milk and the seasonings. Simmer anouther 20-25 minutes.