Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids and I got this recipe from a "Cooking with Elmo" Dvd.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/4 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat the onion, celery and red pepper.
- saute, stirring often.
- stir in the garlic and chili powder.
- Saute 1 minute longer.
- add the tomatoes with their liquid, stock and peanut butter to the sauceoan.
- bring to a gentle simmer.
- stir in the rice and chicken.
This was delicious, and so nice and hearty on a chilly rainy day. I love anything that combines tomatoes and peanut butter. It sounds weird, but if you've never tried it, give it a go - it's wonderful! I actually can't stand Elmo, but I do have to thank him for this recipe, I suppose. :)