Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a family favorite. It has become a favorite from people I have passed it on to. Adapted from Cooking Light
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed peeled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup salsa, bottled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (16 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-fat low-sodium chicken and rice soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Place a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño; sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients (chicken through beans); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, stirring with a whisk; cook 2 minutes.