Recipe by reya doucette
Had this delicious soup served with a green salad and bread at Sandra Phinney's in Carleton, Nova Scotia. You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter.
- 4 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes or 4 chicken stock cubes
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In oil sauté garlic till aroma is released.
- Add water, cubes, onion, chili and bring to a boil and simmer until onions are cooked and flavours blended about 20 minutes.
- Strain the soup and puree the onions etc and returned back to the soup and add the peanut butter, stir till blended.
- Make roux, fry flour in butter till light golden and add the milk and let it thicken and put that into the soup along with some paprika and cayenne. Stir, bring to a boil and shut the stove off.
- Serve hot.