One of the principal crops of some African countries is peanuts. They are nutritious and hardy, making them a first-rate survival food. In this recipe peanuts and highly prized honey are combined to make a sweet African treat.
- Put peanut butter and honey in bowl and blend well.
- Add 1 cup powdered milk or wheat germ and blend into a stiff dough, adding more powdered milk or wheat germ as needed.
- Form mixture into small 1-inch balls or patties.
- Put coconut in flat pan.
- Roll balls or patties in coconut to coat.
- Place side by side on dish covered with wax paper, cover with another wax paper sheet, and refrigerate.
- Serve as a sweet snack treat.