Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple, refreshing and colourful salad from Africa. Recipe comes from The Vegetarian Passport Cookbook.
- 2 large oranges, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (squeeze some of the juice into the salad)
- 1 cup radish, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 fresh dates, chopped (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (optional)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Made as written using cumin seeds for cumin powder and pomegranate molasses for the seeds. Mixture was served over fresh baby arugula! Easy and delicious! Thanks! Reviewed for Veg Tag/March.
I very much enjoyed this refreshing salad, but my 3 year old LOVED it! He would have had a huge serving of this for dinner if I had let him! The cumin was a nice addition and all the fruits and veggies really blended well together. I used all the ingredients except the dates. Made for ZWT 7.