- 1⁄2 cup raw peanuts, skins on
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chili
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place peanuts on a baking sheet and roast until skins are toasted and beginning to crack, about 15 minutes.
- Wrap the peanuts in a kitchen towel and rub with your hands until the skins come off.
- Sift off the husks, and let cool.
- Chop garlic and chili together to make a paste.
- Add paste to food processor.
- Add mint, coriander seeds and vinegar to processor until coarsely combined.
- Add lime juice.
- Stir in yogurt by hand.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.