Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting this for ZWT 2006, this is my favorite hot sauce. It is NOT for the faint of heart and even if you love the heat use it sparingly. You can of course use milder peppers than I tend to use. This is great as a condiment for practically anything. A little bit stirred into almost anything is wonderful too.
Top Review by Mgnbos
This tastes okay - my husband summed it up when he noted it was just like tomato paste. The flavor is not nearly as fiery as hoped and the texture/consistancy is certainly that of a paste, not even close to a sauce. We'll use up what we made but won't make this one again.
- 12 red chili peppers
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (I use cider vinegar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Deseed peppers and chop; it doesn't have to be pretty or uniform as you will be pureeing it all anyway.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or your blender; puree until smooth .
- Cook over medium low heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Store in a non-reactive bowl in the refrigerator -- simple huh?