Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found online; posting for ZWT 7-Africa.
- 1 medium zucchini (Cut in 3 inch chunks)
- 1 medium yellow squash (Cut in 3 inch chunks)
- 1 medium red onion (cut in half and quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup of boiling vegetable stock
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 inches tamarind pods
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place cut up vegetables in bowl along with olive oil and toss together.
- Place on baking sheet, season with salt and black pepper and roast in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- In a glass bowl mix couscous with hot vegetable stock. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow couscous to soak up all the liquid…about 15 minutes.
- After 20 minutes in the oven, remove the vegetables and allow to rest about 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous and check for salt. Add extra if necessary. Add roasted vegetables and mix together.
- In a sauce pan, heat up coconut milk, curry, tamarind, grated ginger and cayenne pepper under low-medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes and taste for salt. Add salt if necessary and cook until liquid thickens and reduce by about half.
- Brush liquid on the fish and place fish on hot grill. Continue to brush coconut milk mixture on each side as you cook the fish. Cook each side for 3 minutes per side for up to 3 turns making sure to brush on liquid each time you turn the fish.
- Serve hot over vegetable couscous.