Recipe by LauraMac
A delicious spicy dinner that is great during cold weather and is as easy to prepare as most soups.
Top Review by Heydarl
Wow, this was fabulous. I used a tin of tomatoes rather than whole tomatoes & added a little extra tomato paste. I hate okra, so used zucchini instead. Also added red & green pepper (half each). Served over jasmine rice. A definite keeper - thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
- 300 g okra
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 800 g chicken thigh fillets, chopped coarsely
- 2 large brown onions, chopped coarsely
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded & finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large potato, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim stems from okra. Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan; cook chicken, in batches, stirring until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in pan; cook onion, garlic and sambal oelek, stirring until onion is soft.
- Return chicken to pan. Add remaining ingredients; simmer, covered for 30 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Serve over a bed of rice.