1 hr 15 mins
A delicious savoury stew popular throughout West Africa. This dish is commonly served with boiled rice, pounded yam, or boiled yam or fufu. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil chicken pieces for 30-40 minutes, set aside once cooked and reserve stock (or you can cook the chicken according to your preffered method).
- 2Saute onions in olive oil until soft.
- 3Add tomato paste to onions and stir for 2 minutes (until tomato paste has dried out a bit).
- 4Add stock and stir until tomato paste is well incorporated.
- 5Add peanut butter and stir until well incorporated with tomato stock mixture.
- 6Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, onion powder and garlic powder, and 1/2 sachet of knorr bullion powder and let stew simmer until stew thickens (for about 20 minutes on medium to low heat).
- 7After 20 minutes, add the cooked chicken pieces and simmer further for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- 8Taste, and adjust spices according to taste.
- 9Serve with your choice of choice of rice, yams or fufu.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African Groundnut (Peanut) Stew
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.6
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 797.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Knorr chicken bouillon