Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious savoury stew popular throughout West Africa. This dish is commonly served with boiled rice, pounded yam, or boiled yam or fufu. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 pieces chicken legs-thighs, cooked
- 0.5 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 packet Knorr chicken bouillon
- Boil chicken pieces for 30-40 minutes, set aside once cooked and reserve stock (or you can cook the chicken according to your preffered method).
- Saute onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add tomato paste to onions and stir for 2 minutes (until tomato paste has dried out a bit).
- Add stock and stir until tomato paste is well incorporated.
- Add peanut butter and stir until well incorporated with tomato stock mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, onion powder and garlic powder, and 1/2 sachet of knorr bullion powder and let stew simmer until stew thickens (for about 20 minutes on medium to low heat).
- After 20 minutes, add the cooked chicken pieces and simmer further for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust spices according to taste.
- Serve with your choice of choice of rice, yams or fufu.