1/1 Photo of African Couscous Salad
From the Raley's magazine Something Extra, This is posted for the zaar world tour.The time listed does not include 1 hr. refrigeration time. Approved for ZWT 6 NA*ME
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 large oranges, peeled and chopped (plus any juice)
Tangy Orange Dressing
- 1To toast slivered almonds, cook on a baking sheet at 375°F for 5 to 10 minutes, checking and stirring frequently. Or, cook in a small skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- 2Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in couscous, butter and cinnamon; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and let cool.
- 3Place remaining salad ingredients in a bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat.
- 4Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 5Tangy Orange Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 524.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar