Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Lovely chopped vegetable salad - serve with warmed pita bread.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, cored, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled & seeded and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium serving bowl, whisk the lemon juice and mashed garlic with the olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell peppers, cilantro and parsley.
- Season the chopped salad with salt and pepper and toss.
- Stir the yogurt and drizzle over the top.
- In a small skillet, cook the butter over moderately high heat, swirling the pan until the butter is fragrant and just starts to turn brown; about 5 minutes. Immediately spoon the brown butter over the yogurt and sprinkle the crushed red peppers on top.
- Serve immediately.
This was quite good, my husband even liked it, said that it was refreshing and not too, too spicey. It also is a very pretty salad. Made for ZWT4.
ZWT4: This is a delightful, unique salad. I really enjoyed this!
I used yellow and red bell peppers, omitting the green bell. This was a very colorful and tasty salad, not too hard to make. It went really well with a slice of warmed up wheat naan bread.