Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Before Buffalo wings had even been dreamed of, our African ancestors had their own type of hot flavors. And when you use those to flavor today's popular chicken wings...look out! Now, you can really ratchet up the heat by adding a bit more crushed red pepper to this. Just be prepared for the extra zing.
Top Review by teresas
Excellent wings...hubby was happy that the skin was not soft...the flavors blended well together...next time I need to remember to put foil on my pan for easy clean up...this was so easy to prepare...I loved that the ingredients are things I seem to always have on hand...thanks for posting it! =)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 -6 lbs split chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chicken wings; mix well. Rinse and pat dry the chicken wings and place in the sauce; toss to coat well.
- Place on rimmed baking sheets or cookie sheets that have been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and bake for 45-50 minutes or until done to desired crispness, turning once.