Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
simple but filling dish thanks to the spuds and beans. Serve with Injeera to mop up the juices. If you have a pressure cooker this is a great recipe if not use canned beans for time otherwise prepare the beans according to the packet instructions before using
- 2 cups dried pinto beans
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- Cook beans until tender.
- Add potatoes and celery to beans and cook until potatoes are tender.
- I cut mine into large cubes and it took about 4 minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Saute onion until browned.
- Mix in with beans and potatoes.
Very nice, PCB...I added a half a dozen garlic cloves (that's pretty standard for our house) and a little dried fennel. A very warming and filling winter meal.