Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found at American Profile. Serve over white rice.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet, or other brown cooking sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 lbs lean boneless pork
- In a medium-size saucepan, pour boiling water over apricots, allow to soak for 30 minutes and then cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and sauté onions for 10 minutes or until golden.
- When apricots are cooked, mash with a potato masher. Add onions, curry powder, brown sauce, salt, brown sugar, garlic and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes. Place pork cubes evenly in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over pork. Cook uncovered for 1 and 1/4 hours, basting meat several times with sauce.
- Serve over hot rice.