Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Posted for ZWT7.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml margarine, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large bananas, peeled and mashed (very ripe)
- 236.59 ml salted peanuts, coarsely chopped (divided)
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas just until combined; stir in ½ cup chopped peanuts.
- Scrape batter into well-greased 9" x 5" loaf pan; sprinkle top evenly with remaining chopped peanuts. Bake in 180C oven 60 to 65 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; turn out of pan and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Cake is best if served next day.
This is very good, moist banana cake. Liked the peanuts in it and on top for added crunch. Thank You. Made for ZWT7~Emerald City Shakers.
This is very good. Not to sweet. A tender crumb with a nice crunch on top from the nuts. I used unsalted nuts. I added 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom. Next time I`ll sprinkle some sugar on top with the nuts. Thanks Made for ZWT 2011