Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice variation on banana cake.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 156.14 ml butter, soft
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas, large and very ripe peeled and mashed
- 236.59 ml peanuts, coarsely chopped (salted peanuts)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas just until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 of the peanuts.
- Scrape batter into silpat loaf pan (or greased).
- Sprinkle top evenly with remaining peanuts.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out of pan to finish cooling.
- Wrap in plastic or foil. Best if served the next day.