Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice variation on banana cake.
Make and share this African Banana Peanut Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas just until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 of the peanuts.
- Scrape batter into silpat loaf pan (or greased).
- Sprinkle top evenly with remaining peanuts.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out of pan to finish cooling.
- Wrap in plastic or foil. Best if served the next day.