Recipe by ~Leslie~
Very simple and delicious recipe, we have had this for breakfast as well as for dessert! This is from Tunisian Desserts Cookbook. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Jamilahs_Kitchen
I had some raisins and dates soaking in orange juice already for a couple days so I used some juice from that and added in the dates and raisins and the coconut and a little coconut juice and raw sugar and let it reduce down. I served over plain yogurt. It's similar to what I do with the soaked fruit except has beautiful baked bananas in it. A definite improvement. Next time I'll try it on some rice pudding or ice cream. Thank you. Made for Ramadan Tag 2011.
- 5 medium bananas
- 14.79 ml margarine, low-fat
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml brown sugar, packed
- 158.51 ml shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut bananas crosswise into halves.
- Cut each half lengthwise into halves and arrange in greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Dot with margarine or butter and drizzle with orange and lemon juices.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and coconut.
- Bake until coconut is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.