Recipe by Andtototoo!
This recipe is from a cookbook titled Classic Afghan Cookbook. The potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 -3 cups oil, for deep frying
- salt, as needed
- ground black pepper, as needed
- ground coriander, as needed
- ketchup, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the whole potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in a large dutch oven or another type of large vessel that you have filled with water.
- Bring the water to a boil, lower heat slightly, and boil for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the hot water and set aside until cool.
- Peel the potatoes and cut each potato into four long pieces (the long way).
- Heat the oil and fry the potatoes in batches, leaving enough room for easy turning.
- Fry until the potato pieces are golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place the potatoes on a serving dish and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and ground coriander.
- Serve with ketchup.