Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is similar to an Italian meat sauce, but it is made a little different and spiced differently. It can be served over rice, or pasta, or however you like.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- In a blender, process onion with 1/2 cup of water.
- Combine the onion mixture with the ground beef in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the meat is browned.
- Stir in another cup of water, crushed garlic, salt, coriander, pepper, and tomato sauce; reduce heat to medium low and cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes.