Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce can be served over meats or vegetables, usually on a bed of rice. In northern India korma is yogurt based, however, this version is not.
- 1 onion
- 3 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Slice onions very thin and boil in water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain water and put onions in a blender.
- Add oil, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, coriander and process until smooth; place sauce into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer until thickened.