Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce serves as a marinade for any meat or even fish. It is also good just mixed with rice.
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 dash fresh lemon juice or 1 dash rice vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Simmer in a saucepan until slightly thickened.
- Let cool before using as a marinade.