This recipe came from an Afghanistan cookbook, that I think came out in the 1990's (from Minnesota). I don't remember the title, but their recipes were very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the spinach several times to remove any sand, and finely chop.
- 2Put water into a medium-size saucepan until it comes up about 1" from the bottom of the pan.
- 3Add the spinach and boil over high heat for five minutes.
- 5In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, put the oil and onion.
- 6Stir-fry until the onion is tender, adding the garlic the last couple of minutes.
- 7Add the cooked spinach and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 8Turn off heat and let cool.
- 9In a serving bowl mix together the yogurt, spinach mixture, cayenne, salt, pepper and ground coriander.
- 10Refrigerate overnight.
- 11The mixture needs to sit for a while in the fridge so that the flavors can marry.
- 12Serve with pita bread or naan.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Afghan Spinach Appetizer Dip
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 415.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g