Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have always loved to eat spinach at Afghanistan restaurants. After several tries at making it, here are my results, which are easy and quite good served with fresh basmati rice.
- Wash the green onions and cut off the very ends (both ends). roughly chop and put into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Put the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When the heat is hot, add the green onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop 1/2 bunch cilantro (fresh green coriander) and pulse it in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the cilantro and spinach to the frying pan and stir for a minute until everything is well mixed.
- Add all the spices and stir again.
- Add the water, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Check to see if the spinach is very tender, if not, recover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook over medium heat until all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Good seved with fresh basmati rice. I also like to eat this with lamb.