Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Qormas are very popular among Afghan people. Onions are fried and meats, fruits, spices or vegetables are added to them. This is a vegetarian version, actually it's vegan! From squidoo.
- 907.18 g mushrooms, halved (or quartered-Can use baby portobella or button)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, skinned and thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger paste (you can blend 2 tsp. chopped ginger with the onions to make a paste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9.85 ml ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 4 onions, blended to a paste (I use food processor)
- 3 fresh green chilies, sliced (jalapenos recommended for heat)
- oil (for frying)
- Heat the oil in a pan(about a tbls.), add the blended onion/ginger mix and stir for four to five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms with the garlic, salt, pepper and coriander.
- Cook the ingredients on low heat until the oil starts to separate(about 10-15 minutes approximately).
- Serve garnished with the sliced chiles and fresh ginger slices. Good over rice.