Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Qormas are very popular among Afghan people. Onions are fried and meats, fruits, spices or vegetables are added to them. This is a vegetarian version, actually it's vegan! From squidoo.
- 2 lbs mushrooms, halved (or quartered-Can use baby portobella or button)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, skinned and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger paste (you can blend 2 tsp. chopped ginger with the onions to make a paste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 onions, blended to a paste (I use food processor)
- 3 fresh green chilies, sliced (jalapenos recommended for heat)
- oil (for frying)
- Heat the oil in a pan(about a tbls.), add the blended onion/ginger mix and stir for four to five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms with the garlic, salt, pepper and coriander.
- Cook the ingredients on low heat until the oil starts to separate(about 10-15 minutes approximately).
- Serve garnished with the sliced chiles and fresh ginger slices. Good over rice.