Qormas are very popular among Afghan people. Onions are fried and meats, fruits, spices or vegetables are added to them. This is a vegetarian version, actually it's vegan! From squidoo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs mushrooms, halved (or quartered-Can use baby portobella or button)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, skinned and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger paste (you can blend 2 tsp. chopped ginger with the onions to make a paste)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 onions, blended to a paste (I use food processor)
- 3 fresh green chilies, sliced (jalapenos recommended for heat)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Heat the oil in a pan(about a tbls.), add the blended onion/ginger mix and stir for four to five minutes.
- 2Add the mushrooms with the garlic, salt, pepper and coriander.
- 3Cook the ingredients on low heat until the oil starts to separate(about 10-15 minutes approximately).
- 4Serve garnished with the sliced chiles and fresh ginger slices. Good over rice.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Afghan Mushroom Qorma(Korma)
Serving Size: 1 (1729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: