Afghan Marinated Lamb (For Kabuli Pulao)
- Wash and pat the meat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Over medium temperature heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the onion. Stir until just wilted.
- Add the garlic and the saffron and stir to combine flavors.
- Then add the meat, the rest of the vegetable oil, and keep stirring until the pieces are browned on all sides.
- Add water, reduce heat to low, and cook, skimming the surface as needed. Cook for 1.5 hours, or until the lamb is fork tender.
- Remove the lamb and set aside in a bowl.
- Reserve the stock.