Recipe by Andtototoo!
This recipe is from an Afghan cookbook that came out in the middle 1990's. I think that the restaurant that put out the cookbook was in Minnesota. Their recipes were very good. In some Afghan recipes for cauliflower, the tomato is a bit strong, but it is perfect in this easy recipe.
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 onion, sliced into half rounds
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan put the oil and onion and saute it until the onion is golden brown.
- Drain the oil.
- Add 1 cup water, the garlic and salt and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl put the remaining water, tomato sauce, curry powder, black pepper, ground coriander and ginger paste.
- Blend well.
- After the 10 minutes are up, add the cauliflower and tomato sauce mixture to the onions, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.