Recipe by Andre!
Ever had this comfort soup in a restaurant? Tomatoes, onions and pasta--always a winning combination. This recipe is simple, affordable and fat free. Grandma made this popular homemade tomato soup in our family restaurant back in the 50's. Experiment with rice, parsley, leftovers, herbs, celery leaves, cheese or diced tomatoes. This recipe is better reheated and easy to double or triple!
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomato juice
- 6 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup macaroni
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan; bring salted water, onion and pasta to a boil.
- Boil approximately 8 minutes till pasta and onion are cooked; stirring occasionally to ensure pasta does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- DO NOT DRAIN; add tomato juice and bring back to a slow boil for about another 2 minutes.
- Note: You may wish to cook your onions in a bit of butter or olive oil before adding to the boiling water.