Recipe by marisk
This recipe is from Food Network, the Giada De Laurentiis Show: Everyday Italian Episode: Chocolate
Top Review by Pikake21
So wonderful! I was buying this at a local Italian coffee shop so much that I had to start making it myself. This is actually the exact recipe that I use, and it works like a charm every time. Thanks for posting, marisk!
- 1⁄3 cup cold whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 pint chocolate gelato or 1 pint chocolate ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Cover and refrigerate the whipped cream.
- Whisk the boiling water and espresso powder in a 1 cup glass measuring cup until the powder is dissolved, or use an espresso machine to make 4 shots of espresso.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the gelato or ice cream into each of 4 dessert bowls or glasses.
- Pour 2 tablespoons or 1 shot of hot espresso over each.
- Top with the whipped cream and serve immediately.