Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is the easiest 'fancy' dessert I have up my sleeve. Since you're putting so little work into making such a fab dessert, be sure to use the best espresso roast and vanilla ice cream you can!
- 1 scoop premium vanilla ice cream
- 1 fluid ounce fresh- brewed espresso (I would prefer the word 'demitasse' to 'fluid ounce' but the system won't take it, anyway, one of th)
- 1 teaspoon brandy (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the scoop of ice cream in a pretty glass, bowl or coffee cup.
- Combine the hot espresso with the brandy and sugar and pour over ice cream.
- Serve immediately. (I have a recipe for Espresso Brittle posted - shards of this are lovely served over the Affogato).