Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the easiest 'fancy' dessert I have up my sleeve. Since you're putting so little work into making such a fab dessert, be sure to use the best espresso roast and vanilla ice cream you can!
- 1 scoop premium vanilla ice cream
- 1 fluid ounce fresh- brewed espresso (I would prefer the word 'demitasse' to 'fluid ounce' but the system won't take it, anyway, one of th)
- 1 teaspoon brandy (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Put the scoop of ice cream in a pretty glass, bowl or coffee cup.
- Combine the hot espresso with the brandy and sugar and pour over ice cream.
- Serve immediately. (I have a recipe for Espresso Brittle posted - shards of this are lovely served over the Affogato).
This was very good! I used good quality low fat ice cream. We tried this with the vanilla and brandy, but also with chocolate ice cream and Frangelico. Both were quite yummy!
I've made this before sans sugar and brandy. Coffee + vanilla bean ice cream = good.