Recipe by Oolala
I found this in the Bon Appetot Cookbook which has kid pleasing recipes. I haven't made it but it sounds interesting. I even like the name!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I was looking for a recipe to use up some peach juice & found this one. I like the fact it's different from the normal baked chicken recipes & had some good flavours. I cut the recipe in half & used 1 1/4 lb chicken breasts, it was plenty for 4 servings in our household. I used my 'instant' marinator and the chicken sucked up most of the juice (added water to the bottom of the pan so it didn't burn). I was short on cornflakes so I sub'd in some crushed bran/shredded wheat. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup peach juice or 1 cup apricot juice
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter, melted butter and juice. To make it easier to mix with juice, peanut butter and butter may be put in microwave at low temperature to soften.
- Add chicken, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning once.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve remaining marinade.
- Coat the chicken in the dry mixture and place on rack of a baking pan.
- Drizzle chicken with remaining marinade.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is done.