2 hrs 10 mins
From the "Scandinavian and American Recipes" cookbook, recipes submitted by parents and friends of the Svenskarnas Dag Girls Choir. Preparation time does not include soaking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak peas in water overnight.
- 2Add ham, onion, celery and carrots; heat to boil.
- 3Cover, simmer 2 hours until peas are tender and liquid partially cooked down.
- 4Season to taste.
- 5For smoother soup, put through a sieve.
- 6Dilute as desired with milk.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aertsoppa (Pea Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 425.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 15.2 g