Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is how the Aelplermagronen are prepared in the [Swiss] canton of Unterwalden. In Uri, the potatoes are left out.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Boil in salted water.
- Add the noodles shortly before the potatoes are done (read the directions on the package first).
- The potatoes should be soft.
- Drain and arrange in alternate layers with the cheese in a deep baking dish. Pour in the cream and place in the hot oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet.
- Slice the onions and saute until they turn light brown.
- Spread over the noodles and potatoes.
- Serve with apple puree or salad.