Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6.
- 10 slice bacon, divided
- 6 eggs
- 44.37 ml flour
- 19.71 ml snipped chives, divided
- 473.18 ml milk
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut 4 slices of bacon in half.
- Cut remaining bacon into 2" pieces.
- Place all bacon in a 10" oven-proof skillet and cook until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, shaping the 8 large pieces into curls.
- Tilt frying pan to coat with fat.
- Drain excess fat.
- Line pan with small pieces of bacon.
- Beat eggs with flour, 3 teaspoons chives, salt and pepper.
- Beat in milk.
- Pour over bacon in pan.
- Place in oven and bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Top with bacon curls and remaining chives.
- Serve in wedges, garnished with tomato wedges.
DEEELISH Choccie! Made whilst in the UK for me, as mum and dad are veggies and I fancied some meat one day! Fluffy and full of flavour, I loved this. Made as a prize for the Scandinavia game in Europe on a Plate forum! Merci encore - photos to be posted later. PS: I also used fresh chives from the garden as well as local oak cured bacon.
Wonderful and flavorful breakfast!!! I made 1/3 of the recipe and served with fresh fruit instead of the tomato. Since I scaled this back, I baked it for about 20-25 minutes, which worked perfectly. The eggs are so light and fluffy but so flavorful from the chives and bacon. The only thing I changed was to add a little bit of shredded cheddar, yum!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the Trivia Challenge in the Games Forum.
This was delish! Fast to throw together and light and fluffy dinner. I used self raising flour and turkey bacon to lighten it a bit; 35 min in the oven worked for me. Served with toasted sourdough bread.