Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Elegant and tasty shrimp, feta cheese, and spring salad. Delicious!
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced,according to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb spring mixed salad greens or 1⁄2 lb mesclun or 1⁄2 lb mixture greens
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl combine vinegar, cilantro, 1/2 tsp.
- salt, and sugar.
- Slowly whisk in the 2 Tblsp.
- of oil.
- Set this aside.
- Heat the remainder 2 tsp.
- oil in medium skillet over medium heat add the next 3 ingredients and remaining 1/3 tsp salt.
- Cook 2-4 min.
- or until opaque.
- Combine with dressing and the greens.
- Toss well to coat then top your salad with the Feta Cheese and Serve--.
Very elegant and simple to make. We really enjoyed it. The only thing that could make this better would be a little "something extra". Next time we will probably add cherry tomatoes and black olives. Very tasty - Thanks for sharing!
Fantastic! This was so simple to put together, but tasted great. Recipe was made as directed, except that I added a handful of cherry tomatoes ('cause I had some I needed to use up). I thoroughly enjoyed this salad, and will definitely make it again. Thanks!
This was so good we had it two days out of three over the holiday weekend. We enjoyed it so much we decided to then serve it to guests. I added some fresh blueberries from the garden and subbed mizithra for the feta.