Recipe by JackieOhNo!
"Party Pasta", Good Food Magazine, August 1986. A nice summer pasta salad that is really a meal.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
Perfect for a summer lunch with friends in the backyard! I got a pound of frozen medium shrimp from TJs. Just put them frozen in a colander in the sink, quick rinse with cold water and broke them apart. When the pasta was done boiling I poured the boiling water and pasta into the colander over the shrimp. Let is sit and stirred a bit in the colander. Perfectly thawed the shrimp! This was terrific and super easy! Thanks J for posting!! Stacy G made for CQ 2016 Greece
- 12 ounces spiral pasta (cavatappi or fusilli)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped oil-cured olives
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, stemmed, halved
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked, shelled, deveined
- 8 ounces feta cheese, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large pot of water to boiling. Salt water. Add past and cook according to package directions until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, cool under cold running water, and drain again.
- Toast pine nuts in a small skillet over low heat until golden.
- Transfer pasta to large bowl. In small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, and lemon zest. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Add nuts, olives, and parsley and combine thoroughly. Gently stir in tomatoes, shrimp, and cheese, Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can serve at once, or you can refrigerate and serve cold. (I always prefer to let the flavors blend.).