Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great squid recipe
- 12 squid
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bay shrimp
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 quarts vegetable oil (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup olive oil
- Rinse the squid tubes inside and out and thoroughly dry them on a paper towel.
- Crumble the feta cheese into a small bowl and add the shrimp (chopped), lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Using a small spoon, loosely fill each squid tube with about 1 1/2 tablespoon of stuffing. Press the top of the squid tube together and skewer a round wooden toothpick through to securely enclose the stuffing. Do not overstuff the squid.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees in a deep-fryer.
- Coat the stuffed squid with olive oil.
- Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes.