Prep 8 mins
Cook 5 mins
Danish pancake balls. You'll need an Aebleskiver pan...
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Separate eggs and beat whites until stiff. Mix all other ingredients and beat until smooth. Fold in egg whites.
- Heat 1 teaspoons of vegetable oil or butter in each aebleskiver depression.
- Pour batter in each cup, leaving about 1/4 " at the top of each depression.
- Using a knitting needle, wooden skewer, or fork, turn pancake about 1/4 of the way around when bubbles appear around the edge.
- Wait for bubbles to appear and turn again (should complete the ball, but if not, wait for bubbles and turn once more.).
- Allow time for the center to cook.
- Traditionally served sprinkled with powdered sugar and jam (Raspberry!).