Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I remember these from a cooking class in Junior High School. This recipe was found on the net and is posted by request-but I can tell you these are good. You will need the Aebleskiver pan to do this.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites to stiff peaks form, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients except whites and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whites until well blended.
- Heat your greased aebleskiver pan over medium heat.
- Its ready when drops of water sizzle.
- Fill each cup with about 1 T.
- of batter.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes on the other.
- Both sides should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Roll in powdered sugar and serve with jam if desired.
I have been searching the web everywhere for this receipe. It is a favorite from my school days, something we loved to have on a special occasion. Takes a little bit of work to make. Good to stick jam in the middle before turning to cook on the other side.
i accidentally forgot to add my yolks back in, also i used pam no stick spray to prepare the pan. if you use a shish ka bob stick to turn they work perfectly.i also used splenda instead of the sugar. mine came out very tasty and fluffy!! the first batch i tried adding jam before i flipped them and it was a big sticky mess.thank you so much for the recipe!! terri
Very good recipe. Easy and wonderfully good on a Christmas AM. If you are looking for a traditional Aebelskiver recipe, this is it.