1/3 Photos of Aebleskiver
I remember these from a cooking class in Junior High School. This recipe was found on the net and is posted by request-but I can tell you these are good. You will need the Aebleskiver pan to do this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl beat the egg whites to stiff peaks form, set aside.
- 2In a large bowl beat yolks and sugar until well blended.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients except whites and beat until smooth.
- 4Fold in whites until well blended.
- 5Heat your greased aebleskiver pan over medium heat.
- 6Its ready when drops of water sizzle.
- 7Fill each cup with about 1 T.
- 8of batter.
- 9Cook 2 to 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes on the other.
- 10Both sides should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- 11Roll in powdered sugar and serve with jam if desired.
Nutritional Facts for Aebleskiver
Serving Size: 1 (923 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 135.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g