Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have never made this but it is from one of my daughters friends Moms. I live in a community with a large scandanavian population and you see these served often at church breakfasts. Serve these with a fruit flavored syrup. Cook time is approximate per batch.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place egg whites in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix buttermilk and egg yolks, then stir into flour mixture, blending until creamy.
- Beat egg whites and sugar until peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into batter, mix well.
- Fry in an Aebleskiver pan until golden brown on both sides.