My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers (from can, or rehydrated from dried chile)
- 2 teaspoons fine grain sea salt
- 2 medium-large onions
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 5 -6 cups water
- 5 whole canned tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups cooked adzuki beans
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cinnamon, coriander, chipotle and salt and saute for a minute or two - until aromatic.
- 2Add the onions and saute another 5 minutes or so, until they start to go translucent. Add the garlic and butternut squash, stir well, and then add 5 cups of water.
- 3Increase the heat to bring to a boil, and once boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for afew minutes, until the squash begins to soften - 5 - 10 minutes.
- 4Once the squash has softened, use a potato masher and break up the squash pieces a bit.
- 5Add the tomatoes, and cook a couple more minutes before adding the beans.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Adzuki Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 601.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole canned tomatoes