Adzuki Butternut Squash Soup
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cinnamon, coriander, chipotle and salt and saute for a minute or two - until aromatic.
- Add the onions and saute another 5 minutes or so, until they start to go translucent. Add the garlic and butternut squash, stir well, and then add 5 cups of water.
- Increase the heat to bring to a boil, and once boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for afew minutes, until the squash begins to soften - 5 - 10 minutes.
- Once the squash has softened, use a potato masher and break up the squash pieces a bit.
- Add the tomatoes, and cook a couple more minutes before adding the beans.