Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick, delicious and healthy. Also very inexpensive. Great served over brown rice, a dash of tahini sauce and sliced cucumber or avocado or just by itself.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (start with 1/4 tsp and add to suite your taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups adzuki beans
- 1⁄4 cup Braggs liquid aminos or 1⁄4 cup wheat free tamari or 1⁄4 cup tamarind paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 -16 ounces cut okra, add (to taste)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat olive oil and add the onions and ginger.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add oregano, cayenne and cinnamon.
- Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, braggs, broth and okra.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.
This was quick, simple and delicious. I used a 16oz bag of frozen okra. Thanks!
Started dinner @5:05 Sitting @ the table eating with kitchen clean @ 5:28, and my 17 y/o went back for seconds.
WOW that's what we mom's call ROCKIN AWSOME
My husband and I had this for dinner tonight, and we both enjoyed it very much!! The smell was very unique and we didn't know what to expect, but were very pleased by the blend of flavors provided by the spices (the amounts are perfect as suggested), and found it to be very filling as well. Since we love having bean dishes as our main source of protein in dinners, this will definitely be one we make again. What a great use of the Adzuki!