Recipe by Vino Girl
This is a mild soup that is healthy, simple, and quick. I used more soy sauce and I replaced the cubed squash with some pureed that I had in the freezer. I also added cayenne and red pepper flakes. I am also thinking some broth might be good in place of the water, for added flavor. From Eden Organic Foods.
- 1 (15 ounce) can adzuki beans, do not drain
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butternut squash or 1⁄2 cup buttercup squash, seeds removed and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients, except the soy sauce and scallions, in a soup pot; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and add the soy sauce.
- Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.