Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
An aromatic Persian spice blend which is good added to stews and pulses. This recipe is from " A Taste of Persia" by Najmieh Batmanglij. The author suggests adding the rose petals to the ground spices. After trying both ways, I prefer to whizz them in the spice grinder for a minute or two.
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Whizz the rose petals in the spice grinder until they become a fine powder.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in a sealed, airtight jar.
- Before use, shake the jar to blend contents. Enjoy this unique blend in vegetable stews and pulse dishes.
I have made this without the rose petals and with an addition of 1 tbs allspice in place of nutmeg I saw in another recipe since any amount of intoxicants is haram. I would like to try it again with the rose petals.