Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Here's a great, economical snack for those sports fans. It's quick & easy too
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup popcorn, unpopped
- Combine parmesan,salt, cayenne,cumin& thyme; This is best done in the processor with the blade, process for 3 minutes so the mix is very fine.
- Pop the corn.
- Toss with the butter.
- Toss with the cheese mix.
- Best served now but may be prepared up to 4 hours in advance and served at room temperature.
I agree with Bill, this is a great starter recipe with endless possibilities. I doubled the Parmesan cheese and added probably 2 pinches of cumin. Wonderful Bergy. My family eats popcorn at least 2 times/week. I will try the curry idea next. Thanks so much.
All I can say is WOW!! Bergy, made two batches - regular recipe and one using your sugestion of curry powder - amazing!! DH and I love popcorn, so this was a very big hit in our home!! I added a bit more parmesan cheese - love it! I think next time I may try a batch with garlic powder - give it yet another flavour! Yummy! A definite keeper!!
This is a great " Starter recipe ", using Parmesan Cheese as a base, that allows creative cooks to experiment a little each time until it is just right for them.